Farm & Activities
Riverbend Homestead your Bright Family Accommodation
Riverbend Homestead is your Bright family accommodation at its best.
With so many activities and things to do we don’t think you will find anything else that compares. And although 5 minutes out of Bright, the homestead has so much to offer along with the serenity of the area.
Riverbend Homestead is situated on a private 150 acre working farm nestled in the Ovens Valley. The Ovens River runs a 3.5 km stretch through the property which is surrounded by state forest just waiting for you to explore.
It really is serenity just 5 minutes drive from Bright!
The spectacular Mt Feathertop provides a backdrop with beautiful views.
The property is only a short drive to Mt Hotham and Falls Creek and only 5 minutes from Bright. Not being in town means it is beautifully quite and you really get to relax.
You get the best of both worlds at Riverbend Homestead.
There are so many reasons why you will keep coming back to this perfect Bright family accommodation. Every season is a new experience and there is something on offer for everyone:
At Riverbend homestead you can:
- Take a dip in your own personal spot along the Ovens River, no more competing with the crowds.
- The kids can feed the chickens and pat the sheep and alpacas.
- Catch your own dinner because you can Fish in your own private dam stocked with fish for the budding fisherman.
- Adults can bring their trail bikes to hit the many trails winding around the property.
- Take in the fresh alpine air with a leisurely walk or take a more challenging mountain hike.
- Riverbend Homestead is the ideal winter location situated near to Mt Hotham, Falls Creek or Mt Buffalo. Just an easy drive. You can take a bus or taxi from Harrietville each morning. Mt Hotham and Falls Creek offer multi-mountain passes so you can ski both mountains.
- Horse lovers are welcome to bring their friendly horses by arrangement and give yourself a guided tour of the property by horseback.
- Horse riders can bring their own horses and accommodated them in the horse stables and 8 separate paddocks surrounding the Riverbend Homestead property.
You get the idea, we could go on and on
but best you come and find out for yourself!