Terms & Conditions
Riverbend Homestead is a holiday house to rent situated in the town of Freeburgh in north-eastern Victoria. This area is known as the Victorian High Country. It is a mountainous and heavily forested area. Riverbend Homestead is positioned in the middle of a 150 acre full-time working commercial farm known as Riverbend separated by a number of fences and gates.
Riverbend Homestead has rules your family, guests and visitors in order to keep everyone safe and happy.
These rules are based upon common sense and your family, guests and visitors are reminded that they come here fully aware of these rules.
Below are summary of house rules:
- As a full-time working farm, there is no host, guide or employee available.
- Please drive slowly past owner’s house and on farm roads.
- Expect to see large farm animals on the farm roads, again this is why it is important to drive slowly on your way to the homestead.
- Please close all gates when arriving and leaving the property.
- Out-of-bounds areas are the owner’s house, workshop, haystacks and farm sheds.
- You must not light a fire outside without prior permission from the owner.
- You are responsible for the behavior of your family, guests and visitors.
- Don’t approach large farm animals such cattle or horses as their behavior is unpredictable.
- Use common sense while enjoying the house, farm, river and nearby forest.
- Monitor your family, guests and visitors at all times.
- Please use the wood-heater fireplace with caution. Use the supplied fire guard and don’t touch the extremely hot surface.
- Please take out your rubbish, separating the recyclables and give the food scraps to the chickens.
- Pets are not allowed as the property is not pet friendly, so please organise accommodation for your pet elsewhere before visiting.
- Please report to owner anything out of the ordinary, defects or damage to the Riverbend Homestead property.
- When you vacate the Riverbend Homestead property please leave it as you found it. When you rent a house you are expected to clean it for the next group. Cleaning and repair costs start from $55 per hour and this cost may be added to your bill.
The Riverbend Homestead owner will be on hand if property problems or emergencies occur.
Please contact Ed the owner on 0403 730 140.
Most importantly enjoy your stay at Riverbend Homestead.
Please tell your friends how much you enjoyed your stay.
We appreciate your feedback, after your stay, please leave a testimonial here.
You agree that you, your family, guests and visitors come here understanding that this property has a higher level of risk than other holiday accommodation and that you waiver the right to sue or litigate the Riverbend Homestead owner for injuries or accidents what so ever resulting from this style of holiday/accommodation.
Riverbend Homestead does not accept any liability whatsoever and shall not be liable to you or any other person for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or any distress, disappointment or inconvenience caused either directly or indirectly by any events or acts or omissions which are beyond their control, including but not limited to, war, civil commotion, fire, floods, acts of God, act of government or other authorities, industrial action or accident or failure of machinery or equipment.
The materials on this website are provided "as is". Riverbend Homestead makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Riverbend Homestead does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. In a nut shell, Riverbend Homestead has no intention disclosing any of your personal information to any third-party period.
All content within these pages is the property of Riverbend Homestead and may not be used in part or whole without the permission from Riverbend Homestead. Some generic images have been sourced from Flickr Creative Commons website.
Riverbend Homestead respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website. Riverbend Homestead undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for our services.
Riverbend Homestead undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.